Data & Reporting Analyst
The Intermediate Reporting and Data Analyst complete foundational reports and visualizations to inform company-wide decisions. Completion of these reports requires the ability to translate basic business requirements into statistical analysis frameworks. The Intermediate Analyst completes work through an iterative communication process with requestors to ensure work products achieve the desired outcomes. The Intermediate Analyst’s process documentation lead responsibilities offer creative growth and leadership opportunities to help educate the company on how all staff should interact with the reporting/analytics team to achieve optimum results for both their current request and long-term company success.
This is a full-time position (remote temporarily) where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Duties and responsibilities
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Complete foundational organizational reports and visuals by frequently using technical standards. Examples include: network data flow metrics and conformance reports
- Develop solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Create visualizations for reports based on requestor business requirements and complete reviews with the appropriate senior staff
- Create process documentation explaining reporting/analytics roles and responsibilities
- Work with inter-company departments to acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain reporting databases and data systems
- Meet with business stakeholders to gather and document requirements
- Collaborate with the Reporting and Analytics team on Continuous Quality and Performance Management initiatives for all production and ad-hoc reporting systems and tools.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Take the initiative to advance company use of data and statistics
- Ensure that Information MiHIN produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to MiHIN's Security Policies and Procedures
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information management, Statistics, or related fields.
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar or related role
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools services (Tableau, Power BI, SSRS, Crystal Reports)
- Experience developing relational databases (SQL Server, MySql, MariaDB)
- Coding/Programming experience (R, Python, or other modern languages)
- Educational or experiential background in statistics
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate organizational reporting needs before requests for support
- Demonstrated capacity to meet multiple competing company demands
This position has no direct reports.