Senior Business Development Specialist
The Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services (MiHIN) is seeking a self-starting, flexible business development professional to assist in defining and executing processes for daily sales coordination, as well as assisting in the maturation of product packaging.
Led by seasoned business development executive leadership, the Business Development Specialist I has an opportunity to contribute to a planned significant growth in daily operations, number and maturity of product offerings, and quantity and scope of opportunities. Working either directly with subject matter experts (SME) or being a SME themselves, and a marketing team, the successful candidate will draft product specifications, pricing models and promotional packaging. Finally, the position allows the Business Development Specialist I exposure to key leaders in the national landscape of health information technology.
Duties and responsibilities
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Work with leadership and SMEs to handle small business development efforts and projects.
- Maintain proper follow up communication with customer base for Senior, Director, and Manager of Business Development Utilize CRM to drive business to company
- Set and record/track sales appointments in CRM
- Diligently and accurately record prospective customer's information in CRM
- Understand, from a technical perspective, all foundational The Constellation products and services
- Stay current on new product features and leveraged extensive product knowledge of a portfolio of The Constellation
- Work with leadership on unpacking and communicating new or changes to federal rulings and how it relates to suite of products and services
- Ensure that information The Constellation produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to The Constellation's Security Policies and Procedures
- Review and understand foundation legislature and final rulings, with understanding new or changes to federal rulings.
- Understand internal product pricing processes
- Respond swiftly and courteously to customer requests and inquiries
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate team for further development and assist in closure
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifying opportunities (partnership or a sale)
- Understand foundations of a business proposal
- Understand the Request for Proposal, Grant, and Foundation opportunity submission process both Federally and at a State level
- Build knowledge and actively respond to Request for Proposals, by writing collaboratively with Business Associate, Business Development Specialist, or from leadership
- Ability to technically write about The Constellations core HIE products and services for a variety of different modalities via little collaboration with another Business Development Specialist or from leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, present, and interact with potential customers
- Research and presentation of findings
- Professional writing ability, including responses to translations of technical specifications into usable narrative
- Self-motivated with strong initiative to succeed
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills and ability to produce projections, price models, etc.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Eager to expand company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue with a positive attitude when working with next potential client
- Understanding of sales process from initiation to close
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as marketing, communications, business, health, or technology
- Eight or more years of progressive experience in business development
- Master’s Degree in relevant field such as marketing, communications, business, health, or technology
- Familiarity with the national health information exchange marketplace
- Previous experience with high technology, public sector, and/or healthcare industries
- Prior experience with both large corporations and small startup organizations
- Utilize Business Development Associate
- May supervise an intern
At MiHIN, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.