Outreach Specialist (Remote - MI)
The Outreach Specialist is focused on completing outreach activities that increase overall stakeholder engagement. This process begins with educating stakeholders on the importance of statewide information sharing and includes discovery activities that collect input from externals in order to create a sustainable vision for health information exchange.
The Outreach Specialist is also responsible for analyzing and synthesizing the results of stakeholder outreach to determine the desired future state of the health information network. The Outreach Specialist is ultimately responsible for validating and finalizing recommendations to confirm priorities and value propositions to advance MiHIN’s mission.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and execution of solutions to increase external engagement with the shared services governance model
- Research to inform community meeting topics and discussion questions, and facilitate conversations with a variety of participants including customers, stakeholders, and/or staff
- Plan activities to identify and recommend ways to continuously improve organizational outreach. Key actions regarding this stakeholder process include engage/educate, discover, analyze/synthesize, and validate/finalize.
- Inform department overall objectives and long-range goals through communication with supervisor and department director
- Represent the organization as a prime contact for key workshops and recurring outreach events
- Ensure that information MiHIN produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to MiHIN's Security Policies and Procedures
- Manage key health collaboratives accounts throughout Michigan
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Social Work, Communications, or related field; or equivalent experience
- Proven working experience in community engagement (2+ years)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of healthcare systems, the U.S. healthcare market, delivery system, and key constituents
- Ability to identify and execute on opportunities to better communicate with MiHIN’s audiences
- Ability to think critically and analytically, and be detail-oriented
- Ability to gain a thorough understanding of MiHIN’s vision, mission, goals, and objectives
- Ability to extract, analyze, summarize and present data
- Ability to work independently or under supervision, and to multitask when several work products are required
- Ability to follow instructions and ask questions when needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
This position does not manage employees or contractors but may manage an intern.
At MiHIN, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.