Security Operations Analyst
The Security Operations Analyst is responsible for assisting with the full life cycle of security operations, including identifying and analyzing potential threats, supporting prevention and detection methodologies, assisting with incident response and monitoring functions, as well as continuously recommending improvements to security operations.
What you will do:
- Configure and support protection and detection solutions including endpoint security platforms, WAFs, and others.
- Detect and manage system and application vulnerabilities, collaborating closely with IT and Development on remediation.
- Detect and coordinate remediation of deviations from Security configuration standards.
- Assist with incident identification, assessment, reporting, communication, mitigation, and monitoring.
- Support annual Business Continuity Plan updates and testing.
- Assist with security monitoring configuration. Analyze and respond to alerts.
- Provide recommendations on analysis techniques and enhancements to security operations to identify and defend against attacks.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- BA/BS in IS discipline or equivalent applicable experience
- Strong technical aptitude with 3+ years of hands-on System, Security, or Network Administration experience
- Knowledge of core internet and networking protocols (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, ARP, HTTP, HTTP/S, SSH), IP communication, OSI layers, packet structure and troubleshooting
- Strong scripting skills (Python, BASH)
- Understanding of RESTful and SOAP API communication
- Experience in usage of security tools (Backtrack, Qualys, Nessus, Metasploit, Kali, Burp Suite Pro, NetSparkler, tcpdump, wireshark, nmap, etc.)
- Experience with log or SIEM monitoring tools (Splunk, AlienVault, etc.)
- Experience securing AWS serverless architectures
- Demonstrated understanding of HIE operations and applicable security and privacy legislation.
- Encourages and participates in knowledge sharing with other team members
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic thinker balanced with a grasp of details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Service-oriented with demonstrated diplomacy and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to think like an attacker and a detailed understanding of defensive and offensive security.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to quickly analyze large amounts of often conflicting data and making sound decisions. Thinks outside the box to discover the signal within the noise.
- Strong focus on execution and delivery with ability to make recommendations
At MiHIN, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.