Senior Software Developer
Our need is…
A Software Developer III who will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and
documenting software code for the Interoperability Institute.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Break down complex requirements into attainable feature functionality sets.
- Adheres to IOI architecture to implement sound and reliable software keeping business requirements and strategy at the forefront of implementation.
- Translates user and architectural requirements into secure, well-tested implementations.
- Works within and has a good understanding of the Agile approach to code development.
- Documents structure, implementation, and processes.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability, unit, and system testing.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensure that the information IOI produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to IOI's Security Policies and Procedures.
- 7 + years working in a professional software development organization with a focus on healthcare as a Software Developer.
- Experience with a compiled Object-Oriented language e.g., Java, C#, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing GraphQL or REST APIs.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems.
- Experience designing data schemas and writing performant queries against relational databases.
- Previous experience designing and implementing systems using secure authentication and authorization protocols such as OAUTH2, OpenID Connect, or SAML 2.0, etc.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative to succeed.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read and write statistical programming such as R, Pandas or Julia.
- Experience building engaging interactive data visualizations.
- Experience utilizing cloud technologies to deploy applications and components.
- Prior work in a Test Driven Development or Behavioral Driven Development environment.
- Prior experience with large scale information technology projects.
- Previous experience with high tech, public sector, and/or healthcare industries.
- Information Health Exchange message handling experience such as HL7 RIM v2/3, DICOM, NCPDP, and X12.
- Experience working with Graph databases.
- May lead and direct the work of interns.