Software Developer II
Creative, innovative, and looking for the right environment to thrive. Sure, you have the experience and skills to shine, but more importantly, you’re a competent learner who works well in an Agile environment. In short, you’re looking for a meaningful role, working to improve the lives of others.
Our need is…
A Software Developer I who will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and documenting software code for the Interoperability Institute.
At IOI, we recognize that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities. Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire the most talented and qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and socio-economic upbringing.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Break down complex requirements into attainable feature functionality sets
- Adheres to IOI architecture to implement sound and reliable software keeping business requirements and strategy at the forefront of implementation
- Translates user and architectural requirements into secure, well-tested implementations
- Works within and has a good understanding of the Agile approach to code development
- Documents structure, implementation, and processes
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability, unit, and system testing
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Ensure that the information IOI produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to IOI's Security Policies and Procedures
- 3 + years working in a professional software development organization Software Developer
- Experience with a modern programming language
- Experience developing cross platform, single page or progressive web applications
- Experience consuming GraphQL or REST APIs
- Previous experience designing and implementing systems using secure authentication and authorization protocols such as OAUTH2, OpenID Connect, or SAML 2.0
- Self-motivated with strong initiative to succeed
- Strong communication skills
- Experience building engaging interactive data visualizations
- Experience utilizing cloud technologies to deploy applications and components
- Prior work in a Test-Driven Development or Behavioral Driven Development environment
- Prior experience with large scale information technology projects
- Previous experience with high tech, public sector, and/or healthcare industries
- Information Health Exchange message handling experience such as HL7 RIM v2/3, DICOM, NCPDP, and X12
- Experience working with Graph databases
- Experience designing user experiences
May lead and direct the work of interns.