Platform Solution Engineer Programmer
The MiHIN Platform Solution Engineer Programmer is responsible for the evaluation, design, and overseeing the implementation of efficient and scalable integration architecture. The candidate should have a background as an interface programmer for design, programming, and implementing interfaces in a hospital, HIE, or HIN.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Duties and responsibilities
- Guide Product Management team for drafting business requirements
- Review draft business requirements for final approval on behalf of IHE Platform team
- Participate in enterprise architecture design process
- Propose tools/solutions available within IHE Platform team
- Provide build time estimates
- Design end to end integration workflow
- Work with the business owner to identify/confirm build/reporting requirements
- Provide resource recommendation to IHE Platform Team Lead/Manager based on the complexity of the proposed build
- Build/support complex configurations
- Coordinate with other teams to close the gap between business and technical side
- Design templates to guide configuration
- Ensures scalability and flexibility and adherence to the strategic plan of MiHIN
- Partner with other teams (PM, BA, EA, Development, Security, Infrastructure, and Operations) to ensure collaboration, consistency, and quality of solutions
- Work closely with IHE Platform team to ensure consistency and quality of solutions and knowledge sharing
- Begins initial IHE Platform team documentation to include design workflow and signs off after configuration is complete
- Continuous improvement and exploration of industry standards, technology advances, and best practices
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies that support current and/or future strategic plan of MiHIN
- Ensure that Information MiHIN produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to MiHIN's Security Policies and Procedures
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Healthcare IT; HIN/HIE experience a plus
- 2 years of experience working with an Interface Engine (Cloverleaf, Rhapsody, Qvera, Mirth, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with end to end project life cycle activities
- Ability to understand high-level business requirements and translate to design detailed technical architecture and their impact on the technical aspects of a solution
- Strong working knowledge of HL7, C-CDA, XML, X12, and IHE protocols as they relate to electronic data interfaces
- Strong working knowledge of message transport protocols such as LLP, SOAP, REST, SFTP/FTP
- Experience with MS SQL or MySQL a plus
- Knowledge of security requirements
- Experience with EMR/EHR software applications and systems
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex and dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and consistently meet deadlines
- Basic network troubleshooting skills
- Any programming/scripting skills
- Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and communicate solutions
- Ability to coordinate activities involving multiple players, including vendors, subject matter experts, and end-users, to design, configure, and test interfaces
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT/IS, or other related fields or equivalent combination of education and/or professional experience
This position may also manage interns.
At MiHIN, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.