Atlassian Jira Support Specialist
The Atlassian Jira Support Specialist is responsible for managing the highly active Atlassian instances across the enterprise. This position will have primary responsibility for the activation, configuration, and maintenance of the JIRA, Confluence, and other Atlassian applications, as well as the management of user accounts, groups, and permission schemes.
Duties and responsibilities
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Provide configuration and administrative support of the Atlassian tool suite, including JIRA Core, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, etc.
- Design, implement and maintain custom workflows, screens, dashboards, fields, permission schemes, post functions, etc., to serve as templates for Agile teams across the company
- Build filters, custom dashboards, and reports
- Coordinate and respond to support requests
- Manage and update software and licenses
- Install, configure, test, and manage add-ons, plug-ins, and extensions
- Troubleshoot and fix errors common to JIRA applications
- Manage user accounts, groups, and permissions schemes to projects
- Research and implement Atlassian best practices
- Actively develop and improve JIRA skill set by keeping aware of JIRA industry trends, tools, and techniques
- Conduct training on JIRA/Confluence as well as navigating projects and spaces
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with staff to coordinate infrastructure maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline; or Master’s degree
- Minimum of 1-3 years hands-on experience working with the Atlassian product suite, with [SM1] specific focus on JIRA
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of continuous integration and version control systems
- Some experience as JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemes, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required
- Expert level Atlassian tool administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language)
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation
- Atlassian certified Jira Administrator highly desired
- Proficient in supporting and configuring SharePoint platform
- Previous experience with high tech, public sector, and/or healthcare industries
At MiHIN, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.