Internship Program Coordinator
The Internship Program Coordinator is responsible for Assisting with the overall administration and management of the Interoperability Institutes internship program, including recruitment, orientation, and retention of 70+ student interns.
Guided by the Internship Program Manager, the Internship Program Coordinators’ primary focus is to ensure daily internship activities are conducted in compliance with and in support of IOI’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Duties and responsibilities
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinates activities related to the identification, evaluation, and development of interns and intern mentors throughout their time at IOI
- Assesses and develops effective recruitment strategies to enhance candidate selection and meet needs of intern mentors
- Builds a recruiting culture at IOI to identify top talent, maintain a candidate-focused hiring process, and improve IOI’s internship referral program
- Supports IOI’s internship program by coordinating outreach efforts, staffing, career fair events, and following up with students
- Maintaining the internship inbox and web application form
- Host internship group touch bases on a regular basis
- Coordinate intern appreciation day and ongoing special events
- Responds to questions from current interns and potential candidates
- Creates, updates and maintains all IOI internship forms, rosters, records, databases, miscellaneous subject files, and job descriptions and communicates changes to interns as needed
- Works with Internship Program Manager to integrate companywide processes and build interdepartmental intern relationships to diversify internship experience
- Participates in internship termination decisions and meetings as needed
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state laws
- Maintains all intern time off records
- Completes other tasks as may be requested by the Director of Finance or IOI leadership from time to time
- Ensure that Information IOI produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to IOI's Security Policies and Procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience working with students and young professionals
- 1 – 3 years’ experience with intern or volunteer program management, or Human Resources
- Ability to work as a problem solver who can make high-quality judgments and decisions quickly
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and strong working knowledge of database environments required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team
- Self-motivated with strong initiative to succeed
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Prior experience with both large corporations and small startup organizations
- Fun to work with and patient
May lead, direct and supervise the work of others
At IOI, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.