Cloud Integration Engineer I
The Cloud Integration Engineer 1 (CIE I) is responsible for gathering requirements, designing, and assisting with the deployment of cloud-based solutions. The CIE will be part of the Advanced Cloud Services Team and report to the MiHIN Chief Technology and Security Officer. The CIE will work closely with the MiHIN Architecture and Engineering group to design and deploy highly available, scalable, and cost-efficient applications leveraging the cloud infrastructure.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To meet the needs of the Interoperability Institute (IOI) development squads, the CIE shall participate in design sessions, business requirement reviews, provide work estimates, return on investment reports, participate in proof of concepts with various other teams, and work with third-party vendors when required to deliver quality solutions that enhance the MiHIN business.
- Implement dynamic cloud-based architectures consisting of virtualized resources that support multi-tiered HA/Clustered applications, services, databases, and capabilities using various hypervisors, platforms, and operating systems
- Implement virtualized servers, clients, tools, and infrastructure, and create a management plan to guide operations and activities associated with the deployed environments and resources
- Assist in creating environment-wide automation to reduce workforce member workloads
- Support design and implement backup/disaster recovery solutions
- Utilize deployment and process automation capabilities (scripts, applications, platforms, APIs) to ensure processes are defined, repeatable, scalable, and able to be disseminated for wider utilization; may include capabilities such as Ansible, AWS SSM, PowerShell, Python, Puppet, Chef, and Salt
- Support and assist with the software development cycle optimization
- Create technical data package, architecture, and process artifacts; e.g. logical diagrams, interconnection diagrams, desktop procedures, etc.
- Produce clear and concise documents and diagrams capturing technical baselines, and operational capabilities
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and complex problem resolution
- Remain abreast of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative implementations and capabilities
- Ensure that Information MiHIN produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to MiHIN's Security Policies and Procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology Management, or another related field
- Three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in either development or cloud work preferred
- Two plus years of scripting/automation experience
- Knowledge or experience with Amazon Web Services (4+ years desired)
- Knowledge or experience with container technologies such as Docker, ECS, Fargate, etc (1+ years desired)
- Experience creating and implement Serverless, Terraform, Chalice and CloudFormation deployment automation scripts
- Strong AWS experience with AWS. Certifications are preferred (AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, AWS Certified Developer – Associate, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate)
- Knowledge or experience using Unix/Linux based command lines (2+ years desired)
- Must be able to communicate with members, staff, and individuals in the community in a professional manner. This will require excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills along with the ability to present and explain information effectively for non-technically inclined individuals.
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Jira.
- History with Bitbucket or similar repository tool
- Experience with Jenkins is a plus!
- Familiarity with and understanding of computers, network and database server infrastructure, networks, and the internet, including internet protocols, standards, and information security, web and mobile application security concerns, OWASP top-10, and common exploits, etc.
- Knowledge of health IT industry standards and protocols such as FHIR Resources, IHE, HL7 v2, HL7 v3, Privacy Tags, Security Labels, Quality Measures, etc.
- Ability to use good judgment to solve problems efficiently and accurately and handle complex details
- Multi-task orientation to handle and manage several projects at once while remaining flexible to changing requirements and priorities
- Security first design mentality
At IOI, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.