Assistant Product Manager
The Assistant Product Manager supports the Product Manager with the delivery of MiHIN product and service solutions to customers. A successful candidate assists in managing product roadmaps, provide product/competitive insight and analysis, creates product requirement documents, and assists in launching new and innovative features.
The Assistant Product Manager assists the Product Manager with supporting software development; working with Project Managers to help keep project/product roadmaps running smoothly and on-time; and will support the business owner for specified product(s).
As products and services advance in the market, the Assistant Product Manager is additionally responsible for the evaluation of market trends and competition. The person in this position may manage other staff, including but not limited to intern staff.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Key participant in the Product Strategy Workgroup – aligns agenda with items each month as well as any follow up necessary
- Assist marketing and development teams with writing and producing client-facing product documentation and launch materials
- Conduct market research to discover, assess, and quantify business opportunities for the assigned portfolio
- Assist Product Manager in developing product strategy and roadmaps for assigned portfolio by analyzing product performance, identifying and filling product gaps, and generating new ideas that grow market share, improve client experience and drive growth
- Proactively assist with planning, execution, and ultimately success in delivery of on-time, high-quality product releases
- Draft, update, and maintain all product documentation including but not limited to: scope, charter, budgets, schedule documents, use case documents, and deliverable documents
- Mentoring, coaching, training and delegating project tasks to Project Managers, Project Analysts, Project Coordinators and Interns
- Ensure that necessary persons (staff, vendors, and stakeholders) are included in meetings to accomplish the agenda, goals and the product’s milestones or deliverables
- Work with organizations including but not limited to the State of Michigan and other customers to serve as the primary day-to-day contact to facilitate communication and coordinate product activities
- Coordinate all scheduling events with MiHIN Administrative Staff and in the corporate calendar
- Effectively communicate and respond timely via email, telephone, and formal writing
- Help manage and track the work of MiHIN approved vendors, vendor contracts, including developing and monitoring vendor Statements of Work (SOWs) and vendor deliverables
- Document project status in online tools as designated by MiHIN executive management
- Prepare special product reports upon request from the MiHIN Executive Director, Associate Director or Program Management Office
- All other duties as assigned
- Ensure that Information MiHIN produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to MiHIN's Security Policies and Procedures
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of product management methods, techniques, and tools
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, communication (written and verbal English) and organizational skills with high attention to detail and task completion orientation
- Ability to work independently or under supervision, and to multitask when several work products are required
- Familiarity with common online collaboration and presentation tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook essential; superior skills in MS Excel desired
- Prior background or exposure to health information technology, health information exchange, and federal HIT programs will be extremely helpful
- Master’s Degree
- Prior experience with both large corporations and small startup organizations
- Prior experience in Healthcare Information Technology
- Experience with Lean or continuous process improvement principles
- Previous experience with high tech, public sector, and/or healthcare industries
- Pleasant to work with and patient
The person in this position may manage other employees or contractors.
At MiHIN, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.