The Product Manager oversees the delivery of MiHIN product and service solutions to customers. A successful candidate manages product roadmaps, provides product/competitive insight and analysis, conducts usability studies, creates product requirement documents, and launches new and innovative features.
The product manager works in a highly cohesive and focused collaborative environment with other members of the organization. This includes supporting software development by managing and prioritizing the list of work to be done by the development team in each Agile-light sprint cycle. At the end of each sprint, the product manager is responsible for verifying that acceptance criteria have been met.
As products and services advance in the market, the product manager is additionally responsible for requirements elicitation, development prioritization, acceptance testing, support for quotes and requests for proposals, technical or marketing documentation (working with technical and marketing writers at MiHIN), and evaluation of market trends and competition. A major responsibility for the person in this position is the creation and delivery of messaging and collateral, primarily in the form of presentations and demonstrations.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Primary job duties and responsibilities
- Assimilate and synthesize multiple inputs for possible product direction into a set of priorities based on existing business goals and specifications
- Define and author product specifications to be used by product development teams in the implementation and delivery of product initiatives
- Assist marketing and development teams with writing and producing client-facing product documentation and launch materials
- Provides comprehensive business ownership of the assigned product portfolio throughout the lifecycle, including strategy, execution, growth, and sunset phases
- Conduct market research to discover, assess, and quantify business opportunities for the assigned portfolio
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for assigned portfolio by analyzing product performance, identifying and filling product gaps, and generating new ideas that grow market share, improve client experience and drive growth
- Develop full business cases to support investment in the portfolio
- Proactively lead planning, execution, and ultimately success in delivery of on-time, high-quality product releases
- Develop strategies to collect and integrate customer feedback into product plans as well as identifying market trends
- Draft, update, and maintain all product documentation including but not limited to: scope, charter, budgets, schedule documents, use case documents, and deliverable documents
- Routinely communicate product status, progress and percent completion of deliverables, resource utilization including labor and funding, and high-level schedule(s) to executive management and related team members
- Ensure that necessary persons (staff, vendors, and stakeholders) are included in meetings to accomplish the agenda, goals and the product’s milestones or deliverables
- Work with organizations including but not limited to the State of Michigan and other customers to serve as the primary day-to-day contact to facilitate communication and coordinate product activities
- Coordinate all scheduling events with MiHIN Administrative Staff and in the corporate calendar
- Effectively communicate and respond timely via email, telephone, and formal writing
- Help manage and track the work of MiHIN approved vendors, vendor contracts, including developing and monitoring vendor Statements of Work (SOWs) and vendor deliverables
- Document project status in online tools as designated by MiHIN executive management
- Assist in product pricing, quotes, and Requests For Proposals
- Assist the Program Management Office with the State of Michigan project budgeting system as needed
- Prepare special product reports upon request from the MiHIN Executive Director, Associate Director or Program Management Office
- Ensure that Information MiHIN produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to MiHIN's Security Policies and Procedures
- Bachelor’s degree and seven to ten years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of product management methods, techniques, and tools
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, communication (written and verbal English) and organizational skills with high attention to detail and task completion orientation
- Ability to work independently or under supervision, and to multitask when several work products are required
- Familiarity with common online collaboration and presentation tools
- Prior experience with large scale information technology projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook essential; superior skills in MS Excel desired
- Prior background or exposure to health information technology, health information exchange, and federal HIT programs will be extremely helpful
- Master’s Degree
- Prior experience with both large corporations and small startup organizations
- Prior experience in Healthcare Information Technology
- Experience with Lean or continuous process improvement principles
- Previous experience with high tech, public sector, and/or healthcare industries Pleasant to work with and patient
The person in this position may manage other employees or contractors.
At MiHIN, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.